A criminal case begins when a prosecutor (District Attorney) files formal charges, a person is arrested, or a grand jury issues an indictment. In all criminal cases, the defendant (person accused of a crime) is presumed to be innocent. That means he or she may not be convicted of a crime unless proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Basics of Criminal Court
- Emergency Bail Schedule (Effective December 17, 2020)
- Mid-Year Modified Bail Schedule (Effective June 20, 2020)
- 2020 Felony Bail Schedule
- 2020 Misdemeanor Bail Schedule
- 2019 Felony Bail Schedule
- 2019 Misdemeanor Bail Schedule