Judicial Administrative Records Requests
Rule 10.500 allows members of the public to ask for certain kinds of information or administrative records from state trial courts. This rule:
- Applies to public access to judicial administrative records, including records of budget and management information relating to the administration of the courts.
- Does not apply to, modify or otherwise affect existing law regarding public access to adjudicative (case-related) records.
- Does not affect the rights of litigants, including parties to administrative proceedings, under the laws of discovery of this state, nor does it limit or impair any rights of discovery in a criminal case.
- May result in a fee for gathering information and reproducing documents.
We take pride in responding to these requests promptly. Please tell us as much as you can about what you are looking for, and tell us how we can reach you, including by email.
Media Request Forms
- Media Request to Photograph, Record, or Broadcast (Form MC-500)
- Order On Media Request to Permit Coverage (Form MC-510)
Media Request forms must be submitted at least five (5) court days before the date they want to photograph, record, or broadcast within the courthouse, unless there is good cause to allow less time. These requests can be faxed to (925) 608-2658.