725 Court Street
Martinez, CA 94553
Main Phone Number: 925-608-1000
Business Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM,
Monday through Friday (excluding court holidays)
The clerk windows open at 8:00 AM and close at 3:00 PM. except for payment of Traffic fines and fees, which can be paid at the clerk's office between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
The Amnesty window, located on the 4th floor, is open from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Tuesday and Friday.
Court phones are answered 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM. After 4:00 PM a voice mail system will respond to your call.
Court Records (1111 Ward Street, Martinez) is open between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Drop boxes: Any document deposited in the court drop box between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM will be deemed filed on that same day.
The Law Library in Martinez is open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
The Law Libraries in Pittsburg and Richmond are open from 8:00 AM to 12:00, and from 12:30 to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- Background information
- Matters heard and/or processed
- Nearby services
- Interactive Map
- Public Transportation
- Driving directions
- Parking information
- Jury Service
The Wakefield Taylor Courthouse houses the main administrative offices of the court, as well as containing trial courtrooms, the department of the Presiding Judge, and the general civil and criminal case processing support units.
Two buildings in the immediate vicinity of the Wakefield Taylor Courthouse also provide court services. Located on the third floor at 800 9th Street are Departments 53 and 54, hearing general civil law and motion matters. Located at 800 9th Street, first floor, is Department 59 where general civil settlement conferences are heard.
Matters heard and/or processed in the Wakefield Taylor Courthouse
The following matters are heard and/or processed at the Wakefield Taylor Courthouse and nearby court facilities. Information on case type definitions.
Trials and Hearings Heard
- General civil trials (excluding Unlawful Detainer cases, Small Claims cases, and family relations matters)
- Felony and misdemeanor trials (including criminal pretrial matters, DUI cases, and arraignments)
- General civil pretrial motions
- Civil Settlement Conferences
Case Processing Support Services
- General civil support service, felony, and misdemeanor support services (filing of documents, payment of fees, review of files, and case processing)
- Accounting-related functions (returned checks, refunds, accounts payable for fines, fees, sanctions, services)
The court's Executive and Human Resources Offices are located within the Wakefield Taylor Courthouse.
Metered parking is available on all streets surrounding the Wakefield Taylor Courthouse (meters take only quarters).