English Español

Registration Now Open!
The Judicial Council of California has announced that registration has opened for examinations to certify Court Interpreters to assist non-English speakers. Exams will be administered from July 13, 2023 to September 22, 2023. For more information on how to become a Court Interpreter, please visit: https://www.courts.ca.gov/programs-interpreters.htm

Interpreter Services

In the Courtroom

To ask for an interpreter for your hearing, fill out the MC-300e&s Interpreter Request and give the completed form to any window clerk or courtroom clerk. Alternatively, you can email the completed form to Interpreter Services at intrps@contracosta.courts.ca.gov. The Court will make every effort to provide a qualified interpreter for all the court hearings.

NOTE: You will need to submit a new form for each new hearing.

Please make your request for an interpreter as soon as possible. If you wait until your court date, you may have to wait until an interpreter can be contacted or your matter may be continued to a later date.

The Court will provide a state certified or state registered interpreter. Because there is a shortage of certified/registered interpreters statewide, the court may sometimes provide a provisionally qualified interpreter (non-certified, non-registered). If no interpreter is available at the time of your hearing, your case may be continued.

Please note: Interpreters do not help parties fill out or file their forms.

What if I need an interpreter that speaks sign language?

The court will provide you with a sign language interpreter for any court proceeding you may have. The court will also provide you with a sign language interpreter if you are called for jury duty. Please tell a clerk at the counter or in the courtroom as soon as possible if you will need a sign language interpreter. For more information on this and other Access and Accommodation needs please visit the American with Disabilities (ADA) page.

How do I provide comments or suggestions to the court?

Comment cards are available in every court location in English and Spanish. You may complete a comment card, include a note that you would like to be contacted by the Language Access Representative, and give the completed card to any clerk, or drop it in any mailbox.

Language Access Representative

Our Court's Language Access Representative is the Interpreter Coordinator. You can contact the Interpreter Coordinator by email at: intrps@contracosta.courts.ca.gov or by telephone at (925) 608-2069. You may print the Language Access Services Comment Form and submit it to any court clerk or email it to the Court's Language Access Representative.

Telephone interpretation in many languages is available at our filing windows and during facilitator drop in hours.

The Limited English Proficiency Plan describes language access services available at the Courts.

Resource Links

State Language Access Information Page

Payment Policies for Independent Contractor Interpreters